dividers

dividers

Friday, August 14, 2009

"Should Public Schools make their students say the Pledge of Allegiance?"

This was a poll on facebook and I responded 'Yes'.

It sure didn't hurt us. I think it is important to openly show our loyalty, be patriotic and to acknowledge the respect to and for our country. We should regularly ponder upon all the sacrifices that have been made f
or us and all the freedoms we have.

Each game I attend, with the singing of our National Anthem, it also reminds me how grateful and appreciative I should be.

It also makes me think of my Dad and his proud service in the Army, of those many years taken out of his life, that he gave for me and you. The openly pledging my allegiance to freedom's symbol is the least I can do. I want my kids and grandkids to understand how blessed we are. I want to be that example of patriotism, so we may never forget.

No comments: