dividers

dividers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers

Oh how lucky I am to have had a wonderful father, miss him and appreciate his sense of humor and of course all he taught me to make me whom I am today. GO CARDS!

But then there is the man that made me a mother, dear Brent. We've been together so long, I don't remember life without him and can't imagine one. Little did I know that love-at-first-sight existed or could mean such long-lasting love and a joyous life for me. He is a truly great husband and father. I remember one time one of my friends said years ago, just how lucky I was to have both the best husband and father in one man. Yes, I DO know just how fortunate that first glance at him was, all those years ago, but who would have known we all were to be so blessed?


He is a great example of how to love a woman and how to be a real father. He has shown hard and constant exemplary work in all he does, and is always steady and stable in his own goals and unique zest for life. No one loves with so much heart, be it his love for me, the kids or our grand kids. It's actually in everything he does, just like the joy he shows when he's singing and yodeling with me in the car.


No matter what sport he tries, his love of life is clearly visible, whether it is sculling on the Great Salt Lake, pitching in a softball game, training for a marathon or swinging his clubs in golf. He truly does enjoys any sport he tries, and keeps on trying to get better (no matter how early the hour may be....). And then he still has to put up with me... takes such a huge heart. You just can't help but love and admire him! GO ZIPPY!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your kids really are lucky to have Brent as their Dad. They are even more lucky to have you as their mom...Hi again, I posted a comment a while ago, but didn't know if you saw it...I am still new at this blogging thing :) Stop by my blog sometime and say hi, I would love to catch up on how you are doing. Chelsea
joshandchels.typepad.com

Chelsea said...

Its so nice to hear from you, I am so glad I found your blog. I have an e-mail link in the top right of my blog.. if you could e-mail your e-mail address.. I would like to set up a time to come over and say hi and introduce my kiddies!!

Ash and Shane said...

Oh, you still have that honeymoon love! I'm glad it's never gone away and that it has grown into something even deeper than when you first knew you'd be together forever. Thanks for all you both do for Shane and me.

The Pitcher Family said...

Brent is a great example to his boys on what a great dad is. Justin has followed in his foot steps and is an awesome Dad. We love you!